THIS SITE IS AN EXTENTION OF OUR PRIMARY SITE - http://signals-parivaar.blogspot.com
**एक वेटरन की ओर से समस्त भारतिया थल वायु और जल सेनाओं के वेटेरन परिवार को अर्पित वेब साईट**OVER 14.6 LAKH HITS BY VETERANS FROM 90 COUNTRIES**BE INFORMED & UPDATED ON RULES GOVERNING VETERANS AND SR CITIZEN, VISIT HERE REGULARLY FOR AUTHENTIC DATA & INFO**THERE IS NOTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW, THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE HERE**TOMORROW NEVER COMES ACT TODAY FOR YOUR FAMILY, DON'T LEAVE - DUMPING THEM IN LURCH**SEARCH YOUR DESIRED TOPIC THROUGH SITE INDEX**OVER 2300 ASSORTED ARTICLES FOR YOUR LEISURE READING**LONG LIVE THE INDIAN ARMED FORCES**JAI HIND**

CYBER CRIME ALERT


CYBERCRIME ALERT..

 Today I wish to alert you all about the devastating effects of AI in our every day life, subjecting one to financial and other frauds, based on my personal experience. I always used to believe that nothing would happen to me and used to listen to all such stories with a pinch of salt.

Today morning around 6 am I received a call from an unknown number. Normally, I do not receive such calls. Soon thereafter, I received WhatsApp message from the same number where it was written that he is one of my old colleagues who is presently in US and that he has taken a new SIM.  

Meanwhile WhatsApp call came and it was undoubtedly my friend's voice. He enquired about the welfare of my family members and discussed about some colleagues. Then he told me that he's in Dubai airport and reaching India by evening. He said his sister in law is admitted in a Mumbai hospital and surgery fixed for today. He wanted me to help him by transferring Rs 40000 immediately to the bystander in the hospital and he will transfer back in the evening. Then I told him there are so many scams happening nowadays and wanted confirmation. 

Thereupon he changed the call to video mode and came personally on the screen. He gave me a mobile number for making payment. When I transferred the amount, he called me back and said that the amount has been received and further asked me whether I could transfer another Rs 30000. Then only I became a little suspicious and told him that I didn't have balance for any more payment. By that time I became fully alert and tried calling my friend on the number available with me. After several rings he picked up my call and was enquiring about my welfare. He said he's in Dubai airport and waiting to board flight for India and was infact in the queue. He simply found my story shocking and unbelievable. He promised to call in the evening.

By then, realisation dawned on me that I have been duped. Then I discussed the matter with Mr Nandakesh Pai, Flat no 4A, ex Chief Manager of UBI where I am having my Bank savings account. As advised by him I lodged a complaint with the Cybercrime cell but not very hopeful of any positive result. The scamsters would have disappeared by then. 

My advice to everyone is not to believe your eyes even. AI is going to create a havoc in the world. When you get such calls, confirm and reconfirm from the caller independently. 

I have learnt a great lesson. Hope and pray that none of you may encounter such fraudsters and end up losing your hard-earned money..


*******   END   *******



       

ब्रिगेडियर_नरेन्द्र_ढंड
Brig Narinder Dhand,
Founder & Convener
Veteran's Web Portals.

**INFORMATION EMPOWERS**

NOTE - Join our Email List on Line by clicking here "CLICK O JOIN"-  OR by sending your Rank and Name, Regt/Corps , Email ID and Mob Number to our Managing Member COORD at " mgr.grps@gmail.com " for Registration to receive updates on Veteran's issues regularly.

                 ************** UPLOADED ON   18 AUG 2023  **************

No comments:

Post a Comment